일련의 추락과 항공기 손실로 인도 공군이 이번 회계연도에 많은 비용이 들게 되었다. 인도 공군은 올해 들어 안전 전선의 저점으로 기록되는 다양한 사건들로 인해 헬기에서 전투기 그리고 훈련기까지 16대의 항공기를 잃었다. 이 중 두가지 손실은 전투와 관련된 것으로 2월 27일 추락한 MiG-21 바이슨과 Mi-17V5이며, 나머지는 일상적인 임무 도중에 발생했다.
우리 연구에 의하면, 2019년에 인도 공군은 전투기 11대, 헬기 1대, 그리고 무인기 1대를 손실했다.
(인도 해군과 육군 항공기 추락사고는 이 리스트에 포함하지 않았다.
1. on January 30, 2019, Indian Air Force’s SEPECAT Jaguar fighter jet crashed in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar. Luckily Wing Commander Rohit Katoch managed to eject safely from the plane.
2. on February 1, 2019, Two pilots died in the IAF Upgraded Mirage 2000TI fighter jet crash in Bengaluru. Squadron Leader Siddhartha Negi and Squadron Leader Samir Abrol died in the crash
3. on February 12, 2019, Indian Air Force MiG-27 aircraft crashes near Pokhran range. The pilot ejected safely above the Pokhran range.
4. On February 19, 2019, Two IAF Surya Kiran Aircraft collided mid-air during a rehearsal of Aero India, 1 pilot dead and two injured
5.on February 5, 2019, Indian Army HAL Dhruv performs an emergency landing on a farm field. No injuries reported to the crew.
6. On 14 February 2019 In the bombing, a militant from Jammu and Kashmir killed 40 Indian Central Reserve Police Force members in Pulwama. The militant group Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility, while Pakistan’s government condemned the attack and denied any involvement. Reacting to the suicide attack, the Indian Air Force on 26 February violated the Line of Control (LOC) to conduct what it called “preemptive” aerial strikes that targeted a terrorist training camp in Pakistan. On the latter day, 27 February Pakistan Airforce conducted airstrikes in Indian-administered Kashmir and targeted Six military installments. To counter PAF Airstrike IAF Scrambled its fighter jets. During Aerial engagement PAF fighter jets shot down one IAF MIG-21 fighter jets. Pakistan captured one Indian pilot, Abhinandan Varthaman, and he was subsequently released on 1 March as a peace gesture
7. Also on 27 February 2019 during IAF-PAF Aerial engagement, Indian Airforce mistakenly shot down its own Mi17 V5 helicopter at Budgam. 6 IAF Officers & 1 Civilian Killed In the incident. Later Investigation revealed that IAF Air Traffic Control officer confusion caused Budgam’s friendly fire’ Mi-17 chopper crash.
8. On 8 March 2019 Indian Air Force Mig-21 ‘Bison’ crashes in Rajasthan’s Bikaner. The pilot managed to eject successfully. The MiG-21 took off from Nal on a routine mission.
9. on 31 March 2019 Indian Air Force MiG-27 crashed near Jodhpur, Rajasthan. The pilot ejected safely.
10. on 3 June 2019 Indian Air Force AN-32 plane with 13 onboard goes missing after Take Off near China border. The wreckage was found in a remote area in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. No one survived the crash
11. on 8 August 2019 Indian Air Force Sukhoi Su-30MKI Fighter jet crashed after a technical malfunction. Both pilots managed to eject from the plane.
12. on 21 August 2019 IAF Helicopter carrying flood relief mission Crashes in Uttarkashi After Hitting Electric Wires. All three occupants died in the crash.
13. on 17 September 2019 Indian DRDO’s Rustom 2 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Crashes In Farm In Karnataka.
14. on 25 September 2019 Indian Air Force MiG-21UM Trainer Aircraft Crashes Near Gwalior Airbase. Both pilots – a Group Captain and a Squadron Leader – managed to eject safely.
15. on 27 September 2019 Indian Army HAL Chetak Helicopter Crashes In Bhutan, Both Pilots Dead
* 인도의 회계연도는 4월 1일부터 그 다음해 3월 31일까지입니다.